Wednesday, March 18, 2009

12 Days Home

Back home 12 days now. Feeling good ! Started going on a walk almost daily and have now built up to 3 kilometres a day. Went to visit the people at work and to see Ivan the manager to sort out sick leave etc. Looks like things havent changed much at the asylum.
Had to decide as to wether to see a Cardiologist privately or publicly. The public system left me in no doubt......
All the treatment in "public (govt.) is free. But the next appointment is 6 months away and then too they can phone last minute and say the appointment is cancelled and to come in another 2 months even. Then too I'll get a different Cardiologist each time maybe. If I go "private" the appointment is sooner ... Like I got an appointment for the first of April and a few hours later they phoned and said there had been a cancellation and if I wanted I could come in at 11am. on the 20th March ... that is 2 days away . So I took it. But the cost is about $236 a visit out of which I will get back $115. Then there is ECG's and tests which cost as well out of which I get back about half.But the visits are only once every 3 months initially, then go to every 6 months ... then to once a year .... so it's not too bad..... I'd rather pay Dr.Kale (My Indian Cardiologist) Rs. 1000. ha ha ha .

No comments: